Thursday, April 21, 2011

Eileen’s


Okay, Micaela, here you are.  Here’s your post about Eileen’s, as requested!

Eileen’s Cookies is a chain of stores around here (Colorado, Nebraska, Wyoming, Kansas, Oklahoma).  There are several in our area.  I first discovered this dame when I worked at Alegent Health, just after moving back to Omaha.  (I say “back” though I have never actually lived here before.  But you probably already know that.)  Someone in the office brought them in and I was hooked!  I bought a couple dozen as office treats on my birthday.  Reminiscent of bringing birthday treats to school for your classmates.  

There are lots & lots of varieties of cookies at Eileen’s.  My favorite will always be the classic Monster Oatmeal cookie.  What can beat a dense, chewy, M&M-filled, handheld treat like that?!  Nothing.  I can assure you.

However, if you continue to assert a desire for something other than pure perfection, there are several other options available to you.  (Though completely unnecessary.  Can you tell how I feel about this yet?!) 
  • Chocolate Chip
  • Chocolate Chocolate Chip with Walnuts
  • M&M
  • Monster Oatmeal
  • Oatmeal Raisin
  • Oatmeal Scotchies
  • Oatmeal Chocolate Chip
  • Peanut Butter
  • Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip
  • Snickerdoodle
  • Sugar
  • Macadamia Nuts with White Chocolate Chips
What?  So I’m biased.  Sue me.  No, wait.  That’s what you read this blog for!  My own personal bias.  So there it is.  And I think even Eileen agrees with me.  I mean, on the picture you can see that the Monster Oatmeal is singled out. 

For a sweet treat, you can’t beat Eileen’s.  However, your pocketbook will feel lighter after.  I mean, cookies are pretty cheap to make.  But I don’t make Monster Oatmeal cookies (even though I probably could), so there’s that.  And the cookies are a better deal when bought in a dozen pack.  These are smaller than the ones sold singly.  So I usually buy an extra special single for myself when I buy a pack.  That’s how I roll. 

They also do special decorated cookies and giant decorated cookies for special occasions.

And did I mention that my nephew won a coloring contest at Eileen’s a few years back because his extra awesome aunt picked up a page for the budding young artist?  Eileen’s was already tops in my book but that sent me over the edge.

To top it off, Eileen is a real, live homegrown Nebraska gal.  How fun is that?

1 comment:

  1. My FAVE is the snickerdoodle. I also like the M&M. They are lighter in flavor than the typical M&M cookie that's full of brown sugar. A different take, but super delish! Eileen gets invited to all of our family vacations in Colorado and always joins us!

    ReplyDelete