Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Chicken McNuggets & Sweet ‘N Sour Sauce



I’m a big, lifelong fan of McDonald’s Chicken McNuggets.  They are the first, the premiere, everything else is a less-than-adequate copycat. 

I’ve never liked bread.  So growing up, eating at fast food joints with my family was almost pure torture.  I didn’t want a burger with a bun!  Yuck.  So when McDonald’s came out with Chicken McNuggets, I’d found my fast food savior. 

Not only do you get to bypass the bun, but these nuggets are also coated in batter, not breading.  Hallelujah!  (Cue the choir.)  Everyone knows batter trumps breading. 

And Sweet ‘N Sour Sauce is a Chicken McNugget's perfect mate.  In fact, I’ve never once tried another dipping sauce at McDonald’s for their nuggets.  Why would I?!  Sweet ‘N Sour Sauce is sweet and tangy, delightful for both your nuggets and your fries.  (A 4-piece Chicken McNugget Happy Meal with fries and a Coke makes the perfect portion of fast food for this gal.  The fact that I’m about as tall as a 5th grader makes that more so.  And the price – just over $3 – ain’t bad either!)

McDonald’s has come out with new dipping sauces.  And I was briefly tempted to try one.  Maybe the Sweet Chili.  But then I remembered that Sweet ‘N Sour is an original and why mess with perfection?!  Not even a new sauce promotion shall sway me from my devotion to this pairing.

Soon I may have to write a whole post on why it seems I have a McDonald’s problem.  I mean, this is not my first - and not even my second - post mentioning the fast food kingdom’s ruling potentate.  (And, yes, thank you to Google for “potentate”!  I knew there was a more noteworthy synonym for "ruler"!)

No comments:

Post a Comment