Wednesday, December 29, 2010

McDonald’s Coke


About 8 years ago, I first encountered the idea that McDonald’s Coke was singularly delicious at a church women’s Bible study in northern Kentucky.  Thank you, Rolling Hills Church of Christ.  You were a hot mess of a church, but I will be eternally grateful to you for this sweet morsel of information.

I don’t know what it is about McDonald’s Coke that sets it apart from other Coke.  (And yes, I’m using “Coke” as a reference to actual Coca-Cola Classic soda, not as a generic southern term for all soda.)  Somehow it tastes much better than other restaurant fountain Cokes.  And I don’t know why it took me so long to discover that fact for myself.  Though I’m not normally a huge fan of fountain pop.  Its very nature is much sweeter & syrupy than other soda.  And the ratio of ice to soda is way too high in favor of ice.  Which then just melts & waters the soda down to an unpleasant degree.

But McDonald’s Coke is different.  It’s delightful & bubbly.  Sometimes Coke is a bit too acidic, but McDonald’s has somehow mastered the combination of fizz and sweet to create the perfect beverage.  I think McDonald’s website says it best: “Your McDonald’s meal’s BFF.”  Too true.

Even better, the past few summers has brought us the $1 large Coke deal.  Savor the savings, people!


1 comment:

  1. Preach it sister!

    (This is in regards to the Coke AND the Rolling Hills comments)

    ReplyDelete