Friday, October 1, 2010

My Best Meal


I think every cook probably has his or her “best meal”, the meal they cart out for dinner guests or special occasions and know that it will be a crowd pleaser.  I honestly can’t nail down what my best meal would be as a cook.  I think it’s probably either stuffed Cornish hens, chicken pot pie or Italian grilled chicken with garlic herb potatoes and Aunt Marti’s corn.  And the meal would probably end with either strawberry trifle or devil’s food cake with penuche frosting.  As I’ve already posted the recipes for everything else, I’ll give you my recipe for strawberry trifle.


Strawberry Trifle
1 pint fresh strawberries, washed, destemmed & sliced
1 pkg vanilla pudding mix (I use sugar free, fat free) + milk to make pudding
Angel food cake, cut into chunks
8 oz Cool Whip

Mix milk & pudding mix.  Let stand for few minutes to firm up.  Fold in Cool Whip.  Add a dash of sugar to strawberries & mix.  In a nice clear bowl or trifle dish, layer cake chunks, pudding mix & strawberries.  Repeat until filled.  Cover & chill until ready to serve. 


What’s your best meal?

No comments:

Post a Comment