Thursday, June 17, 2010

Seafood – Bonefish Grill, “A Fitting End”


Last time…Seafood is a delicacy that my husband and I revel in.  Just recently, probably within the last year, we’ve discovered that more than any other kind, we love to choose seafood restaurants when we eat out for a nice meal.  I’ve loved seafood ever since shrimp beat out corn as my favorite food when I was around 8 years old.  And my husband has far outdone me in the adventurous seafood eater department lately.  On our trip to Mexico last year, Jake ate some of the nastiest looking seafood I’ve ever seen:  whole baby octopi in a seafood soup!  Not to mention his love of the big raw mackerel pieces of sushi.  I’m more of a cooked seafood kind of chick. 

Here’s the last of our favorite seafood restaurant experiences so far:

Last year we went to the Bonefish Grill for my birthday.  It came highly recommended by several people and I’ve heard the same since as well.  It was a bit pricey, but it was AMAZING.  We both loved our food and my leftovers even reheated well, just like the servers said it would. (I thought it seemed like a sketchy idea, reheating fish.)  As previously stated, my husband does not like cheese.  So when he asked the server if a particular dish came with cheese, the server not only went out of his way to make sure that dish didn’t, but without being asked, he even made sure Jake’s side dish didn’t have the grated cheese on top that it comes with normally.  (We know because mine did – hurray!) 

I ordered a cup of their Corn Chowder with Lump Crab Meat and shared a couple bites with Jake.  So yummy!  I thought at the time that I would try to make it back there for lunch sometime just to get the soup, but that hasn’t happened yet.  Anyone interested?!  For the main course, I had the Imperial Longfin tilapia.  I believe it’s a Bonefish favorite, and it’s definitely one of mine!  Pretty rich and flavorful.  The side dishes it came with were truly tasty, too.  Jake had a daily special, which was swordfish, I believe, and he loved it.  It was hard not to go back for every special occasion since, but as I’ve stated before, we do like to try new places too.  And we still have our other favorites as well.  I sure hope we can get back there soon, though. 


No comments:

Post a Comment