Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Just Make It For Me!


There’s almost nothing more fun than trying something new that someone else made, getting the recipe, and then trying it out yourself.  Almost nothing.  But there is at least one thing that’s more fun:  just having them make it for you!  Especially when the dish has a page-long list of ingredients and / or instructions.  Or if it takes hours (or days!) to make.  Or if it requires me to purchase cooking utensils I don’t currently possess.  Or if it just sounds like it’s too much trouble or too hard for this simple chick to undertake.

There are several people out there that have made cuisine for me that I have absolutely drooled over.  And if you're one of those people, I’d like you to know that I would absolutely take you up on the offer to make it again for me, should you ever choose to be so inclined!  Ha!  But seriously.  I would. 

People I just want to cook FOR me (& what I want them to make):
-Aunt Marti – everything! But mostly veggie pizza, homemade salsa & cabbage rolls
-Sheila (Jake’s mom) – potato soup
-Lisa Driver – Darn Good Chocolate Cake (& probably any other baked good!)
-Erin Merrill – sauce (this means pasta sauce, but we all just call it “sauce” like any good Italian should!)
-Mark Robinson – anything smoked / grilled
-Amy McGinnis – cheesy meatloaf, chicken wontons, turkey sloppy joes, homemade taco shells
-Amy B. (sister-in-law) – Wacky Cake
-Amy Schendel (sister) – Kringla (which she is claiming recipe ignorance for now, but I’m not sure I’m buying it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment