Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Out of Gas

For my faithful readers and staunch supporters (yes, Judy - you!!):

I have had a hard time with the idea of blogging lately.  I've simply run out of ideas, motivation, etc.  I'm not entirely sure why, but it probably stems from the fact that I haven't really been "cooking" much lately.  I do make meals.  But they rarely start with much of a recipe.  They're mostly just "fish" or "chicken" with veggies or rice.  And I rotate the fish and/or chicken.  Sometimes I even throw in some pork or a different kind of fish.  Wild, I know!

So I'll try to work up some blogging steam and in the meantime, I'm just enjoying this perfect place that food has in my life: fuel to keep me going (tasty, tasty fuel) but not something that overwhelms my every waking thought.

3 comments:

  1. okay here are some ideas, or maybe you could say, heres some "food for thought." ha ha ha a ha a heh...hem.

    anyway.

    maybe a segment with simple recipes to cook for people who are not gifted with cooking.

    maybe a segment for guys, on good romantic meals to whip up for their wives/girlfriends.

    maybe this, i have had a recent conversation with a few different people who are not good at cooking where we look in our cupboards or fridges and we cant find anything to make. then our wives, roommates, friends, come in and make a great meal. we didnt even see the different options we had.

    or better yet, i know you have talked about it once, but i think it needs more exploration (and possibly a book), but on how spiritual the meal really is. what it does to a community, to a group of people. what it does to a church and more specifically a small group. we have a good example of it in our church we have a few bible studies. in the ones where a home cooked meal (where loving time and preparation are put into purposely providing a spiritual atmosphere) there is much more camaraderie. the meal is more important and more spiritual than anything else we do. and then there is a group that just orders pizza and a meal is just a way to get fed and the bible study part is more important. but that group is not as close or intimate as others.

    anyway, blog about those things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've missed you. Have you tried the yogurt?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you guys! Thanks for all the ideas, Justin!!! I will definitely give that some thought. I love that you're so invested in the spiritual hospitality concept too.

    ReplyDelete